[PD-dev] call for samples - pd-community/convention project

Fränk Zimmer fz at mur.at
Thu Sep 16 12:24:12 CEST 2004

Dear Pd-Community !

Just a few more days  and the Pd-Convention in Graz will start. The installation <<Pd - open source, patches and communities>> will also be shown/heard at the convention in Graz. The source-audio-samples of this installation are fragments of intervies I´ve made with Pd-users. The focus of attention of these interviews were: the working conditions, the motivation/cooperation and communication of the Pd-community. The next step was, that the interviews were audio-coded in codes like (motivation, woman and Pd, a.o.)- the result were 15 different codes and many sound-samples .

----  >> But this mail should not be a pub-mail. So what?! - I´ve put a selection of audio-fragments from these interviews on http://fz.mur.at/pd/samples/intro - mp3-files (1-2min).

Pd-Users - may be you should/could download the sample and send a modified sample (abstract, concret, spacy style - however) back to me as mp3 (max.5min).

My intention: to use the communication structure and with this the problem solving ways from the list and transfer it to this audio-installation. Every sample that I  get will be heard at the installation during the convention and aftewards. In the installation space is a matrix wirh 15 fields. The visitors decide with the way/flieds they choose what will be heard. - A slideshow will show different statements from the inteviews.

More about the project: http://fz.mur.at/pd/installation

I´m looking forward to the samples !

Thanks to the whole community!

fraenk