[PD-dev] GEM.LICENSE.TERMS in markex

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Sep 21 11:12:41 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm helping out a bit getting decent Pd and externals packages into
the Suse distribution again. The lawers at SUSE run some automatic
checks regarding the open-sourceness and compatibility of licenses
used in the packages. The tests stumbled over the file
GEM.LICENSE.TERMS in externals/markex, which mentions several licenses
of software distributed with Gem. Are these foreign licenses valid for
parts of markex anyways? If not, then would it be possible to just
shorten this file, so only the valid licenses are in it? (I don't
know any details yet, but I suppose, that SUSE mostly has a problem,
if licenses require acknowledgements on the packaging of the distro,
as could be required by the libOrb license.)

Ciao