[PD-dev] GEM.LICENSE.TERMS in markex

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 21 12:52:52 CEST 2004

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> GEM.LICENSE.TERMS in externals/markex, which mentions several licenses
> of software distributed with Gem. Are these foreign licenses valid for
> parts of markex anyways? If not, then would it be possible to just

as i read it, markEx is not affected by the foreign licenses (most of
which do refer to obsolete packages anyhow)

futhermore, including the licenses was meant fot the special case, where
external packages are provided with Gem to run (former AuxLibs, now
GemLibs). under debian/linux at least i have not used GemLibs for years
now, as everything is available as packages. i don't know how it is with
SuSE. (but again, this refers to Gem rather than markEx)

> shorten this file, so only the valid licenses are in it? (I don't
> know any details yet, but I suppose, that SUSE mostly has a problem,
> if licenses require acknowledgements on the packaging of the distro,
> as could be required by the libOrb license.)

libOrb is not used under linux at all (if i remember correclty)

the only packages that really come with Gem (linux) and are thus
affected by the licenses are "Particles" and "glm" (the model loader)
(this is how i remember it: i might have missed something...)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes