[PD-dev] redundancy - just another sound file player

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Sep 22 11:27:12 CEST 2004

Hallo,

old reply... ;)

Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:
> Attached is a flext-based sketch for a player with the following
> characteristics:
> - uses libsndfile (http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/) and flext 0.4.6
> (http://grrrr.org/ext/flext )

I now tried to build this with a flext from today, but I ran into a
problem. I renamed sfplay~ to soundplay~ to avoid nameclashes, then
compiled. I get this error on load:

/home/freak/big/audio/pd/dl/grill/pd-linux/soundplay~.pd_linux: /home/freak/big/audio/pd/dl/grill/pd-linux/soundplay~.pd_linux: undefined symbol: _ZN16flext_root_multinwEj
 soundplay~ 2
... couldn't create

$ c++filt _ZN16flext_root_multinwEj
flext_root_multi::operator new(unsigned int)

I cannot find anything related to root_multi in the flext sources with
grep'ing. Where can I get it or how could I work around this?

Ciao