[PD-dev] Pd gui & window codes? (fwd)

Matju matju at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 3 17:25:55 CEST 2004

resending (mail problem)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:10:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: matju at ns.artengine.ca
To: Pd_dev <pd-dev at iem.at>
Subject: Re: [PD-dev] Pd gui & window codes?

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Michal Seta wrote:
> chun lee <leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
>> I am interested to know where are the relevant codes for pd's gui & window
>> rendering. Things like background color of the window, object's color, font
>> color and so on. could anyone point me to the right direction?
> $(install_prefix)/lib/pd/bin/pd.tk is the standard location

Actually that is spread all over the g_*.c files _and_ pd.tk (aka
u_main.tk).

There has been some effort in impd_0_37 to bring all this together and so
you can change the default colours at the end of pd.tk (still aka
u_main.tk) or from your ~/.pd.tk config file or tcl evalbox (which is also
an impd-feature). it goes like:

   global look
   set look(objectbg) "#ffddee"

will change the object background colour to some kind of pink. If you want
to do this in devel_0_37 or 0_38 you have to change g_text.c and i don't
recall how many other things.

However impd_0_37 will probably be abandoned in the state it is now as i
will merge _some_ of it to devel_0_38 or devel_0_39 (?) and i'm not sure
about the rest yet. The colours config is part of the more experimental
features that will only be merged later on (impd_0_38, devel_0_40 ???)