[PD-dev] cvs questions

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Oct 7 10:20:27 CEST 2004

Hi all,
yesterday i was checking in a lot of new SIMD stuff into the devel_0_37, but
then i took back the changes because i realized that my editor changed much
of the whitespaces in the code which results in lengthy diffs and lots of
work for future merging (hi Günther!!).

Thus, my question is: Is there a common practice which kind of whitespace
treatment should be used for newly created or modified PD source code?
I personally use spaces rather than tabs and 4 space indents, which seems
quite widespread.
The other thing is that i wonder whether the configure file should be in the
cvs at all, since it's created from configure.in .

all the best,
Thomas