[PD-dev] cleaning up the autoconf script

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Thu Oct 7 19:23:39 CEST 2004

Tim Blechmann schrieb:
> i had a look at the autoconf documentation concerning the configure
> script ...

the autotools book? (http://autotoolset.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html)
   (this is the recommended doc)
or "info autoconf"
   (this is not really exhaustive at all)

> lots of the autoconf macros define certain defines ... anyway ... to use
> them, the code would have to be reworked ...
> e.g. HAVE_LIBFFTW3f would have to be used instead of USE_FFTW ...

USE_ is always bad.
Either HAVE_ (with boolean -enable/disable switches),
or WITH_ (to optionally add paths to libs or base dirs)

BTW: in which configure.in did you find that?
just did an cvs up on
:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data/pd/src
and there's no such thing as USE_FFTW.

> this might be some work, but at least we would get rid of a lot of shell
> code in the autoconf script ...
>
> for the linux part of it, i could try to do some cleanup, although i
> don't want to work of the win(mingw/cygwin) or osx part ...

I'll do the cygwin part. autotool helps a lot.
BTW: Just setup a temp.
http://www.mega-tokyo.com/osfaq2/index.php/CygwinIssues page.
--
Reini Urban