[PD-dev] autoconf arch-enema

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Oct 10 23:00:00 CEST 2004

> theres a big chunk of configure.in that can be wiped out..its gcc's
> job to keep track of all that fun arch stuff. --enable-optimize should
> pass right thru to -march, which will automagically enable the
> appropriate stuff like -mtune=, -msse2..so you can do an #if defined
> (__sse2__) or wahtever... instead of the -DDONNTUSESIMD and redundant
> arch flag stuff...
.... well, DONTUSESIMD and -msse are two different things ... imo it
should be possible to select msse without using the hardcoded
optimizations ...

anyway, i'm currently rewriting pd's build system with automake/autoconf
more or less from scratch ... i don't want to check it into the cvs
before it's working on my linux machine (so probably tomorrow morning)

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk