[PD-dev] an idea for Pd structure

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Oct 14 18:43:50 CEST 2004

Hey all,

Good time for me to chime in.

pixelTANGO (formally pre-released as v_) in indeed a set of high-level GOP
abstractions for Gem. Each module includes the UI and the functionality. Gem
chains are considered "layers" starting with a header (gemhead) and ending with
a footer (geo). The difference is that the separate modules are connected
through two patch buses, one for Gem control data and another using pd messages
for passing control data from one abstraction to another (without global S-R).
The modules are PD abstractions and I've been making a real effort to make them
organized and readable. pixelTANGO also has a couple UI improvements in the form
of "entry" and "popup". Hopefully more to come in the future.

Property dialogs for abstractions would be very useful for high-level abstractions.

Using Frank's suggestions help patches for abstractions will be in the
pixelTANGO releases.

There is an early pre-release (w/out help patches) available at:

http://www.ekran.org/ben/research/PixelTANGO-pre-release-v0.1.tgz

So far pixelTANGO has only been tested on OSX, but all externals should work
fine on linux.

I think pixelTANGO would be a good thing to look at in terms of this current
discussion.

pixelTANGO is part of the Open Territories project (tot.sat.qc.ca) Funded by
Heritage Canada and supported by the SAT, Interaccess and others.

Ben