[PD-dev] an idea for Pd structure

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 14 19:50:30 CEST 2004

Hallo,
B. Bogart hat gesagt: // B. Bogart wrote:

> State-saving (pdjimmies, or RRadical or...?) has been planned for pixelTANGO.
> pixelTANGO uses interpolation on all controllers so it is possible to treat each
> ~ state as a keyframe and actually animate using them. On of the suggestions from
> potential users was the ability to not only save states, but actually recoded a
> parameter change over time and then be able to loop, stretch and play it back.

Interpolation is something I talked about with Cyrille at the
convention and definitely something, I'd like to somehow integrate
into Memento.  However I haven't yet thought about a way that is
"stupid" enough for general use here. How are you (intending to) doing
it?

> Of course it would be great if state-saving was built right into PD.

I had this crazy idea when talking with Miller about this, that it
could be nice to extend the basic data type objects like "float" with
a OSC-tag. Instead of [float 0] ony would write [float 0 /freq], [f 0
$1/freq] or even [f 0 $0/freq] to make that float value state-saveable
and accessible through some OSC inlet or sender.  Then the currently
nessecary [commun] objects could go away, and [originator] and
[caretaker] could become an ext-/internal.

Ciao