[PD-dev] an idea for Pd structure

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Oct 15 00:31:55 CEST 2004

hi hans

> Most great computer languages are largely built using themselves.  C,
> Java, Objective-C, Smalltalk, Forth, etc. etc.  These are all
> languages  where most of the APIs and even the compilers are written
> in the same  language.  I think Pd should be the same.
i must say, i don't really agree with what you suggest ... building a
c-compiler in c is probably a good task for c, but a pd build system in
pd? i doubt that something like that would work ...

pd is a language ... and a very powerful language in the fields where it
is built for ... but there are tasks where another language might be
better ... maybe that's why there are extensions to access c, python,
scheme, ruby, forth (... ???) from pd ...

i'm not against patching at all, but there are certain tasks, that can
be realized within python or k_cext within 30 minutes, that would take
(at least for me) several hours ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783