[PD-dev] an idea for Pd structure

d.lj jdl at xdv.org
Fri Oct 15 15:14:04 CEST 2004

hy, just a couple eurocents

_the_ advantage of doing stuff in osc in my opinion is the
interchangeability of implementations of e.g. synths or control
generators / interfaces across different implementation platforms. this
doesnt necessarily mean that pd internally has to adopt the osc syntax
for message routing.

if theres some automatic conversion from incoming osc to pd's internal
message format, respectively outgoing, thats great of course.

i also see the ambiguity problem of /patchname/abstractionname but
cant this be solved simply with appending $0 after the abstractionname?
ok, this doesnt work for subpatches.

re OSCroute: at the moment i m hardly using OSCroute at all but

dumpOSC

sprinkler

and then do a

r /patch/paramname

if r can do wildcards that could also be helpful if using pd's native
msg format, no?

bst, opt

[guenter geiger]->[Re: [PD-dev] an idea for Pd structure]->[04-10-15 11:16]

GPG-key at http://xdv.org/~jdl/jdl.pub.asc