[PD-dev] Re: [PD] Devel_0_37 Compile: undefined reference to `copyvec'

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Oct 19 12:12:48 CEST 2004

> in order to get CVS compiling, i had to uncomment stuff in m_pd.h and
> also add some || (__x86_64__) stuff to m_simd.h and maybe
> m_simd_gcc.c... or so i thought, the Assembler started whining about
> stuff, even though a cat /proc/cpuinfo clearly mentioned sse2 and all
it depends on the compiler flags if gcc is able to generate code
containing registers, that might not be available on older systems ...

btw ... since sse2 is for double precision floating point numbers, pd
can't make use of if ... the only sse2 feature is hardware DAZ and FTZ,
that's set in the beginning, if available ...

> the other stuff, i guess some of it isnt 64bit clean.. anyways what im
> getting at is if you have an athlon-XP, you have sse support, but a
the size of t_int is hardcoded for the gcc implementation ... so it's
not 64bit compatible ... i'm not shure if there is a way to tell gcc the
size of a type (if there is, please let me know *g*)

but i'm curious ... could you run the simd-optimized gcc code on an
amd64? or where you using the c code?

cheers .... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783