[PD-dev] Re: caching user settings in .pdrc

cdr ix at replic.net
Sat Oct 23 12:17:29 CEST 2004

> blah blah courier is ugly but tahoma doesnt exist on linux...
>
> Well, it happened in a checkin by "ix9":

know it sounds crazy, but a cvs admin checked it in...it seems CVS caches diffs in a user RCS dir on the server, if you dig youll see the comment was "fixed_bug_in_shell", and at the same time a fix was committed by someone else to externals/ggee/shell...perhaps ssh keys somehow facilitated this?

clearly the solution is to make a font selection dialog. saw some nice examples on the tcl-wiki...my question is what is the standard procedure for storing these prefs between sessions? some new delineated section in .pdrc?

> I haven't tried it but I heard it was missing features. Is it an
> optional console?

if you care about adjusting scrollback maybe, couldnt get mswConsole to work on win32, and couldnt get the big box to disappear when using -stderr, but lets wait till its actually out. if those work i dont see a reason to not use it...but since they all work in matjuConsole, maybe just using that would be simpler? not my decision...

was thinking a 'view' menu in the top window to invidually show/hide the console log, peak-meters, and message/gui input...and saving this state between session rather than polluting more command arguments...refer to comment above about where to store settings..