[PD-dev] PD.app 38-test 7

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sat Oct 23 20:10:05 CEST 2004

Hey all,

I can't figure out how to get the PD.app to load my externals/libs.
I can add the paths easily enough but when I try and put anything into the
"startup" setup pd can't find it. I've tried absolute paths, relative
paths, paths relative to pd paths... still can't get it to load my stuff.
It can't seem to find my abstractions either so I guess -path options are
not working either.

for example my Gem is installed in:

/Users/admin/work/libs/cgc/Gem.pd_darwin

And console reports:

tried /Users/admin/work/libs/cgc/Gem
.pd_darwin and failed
tried /Users/admin/work/libs/cgc/Gem
//Users/admin/work/libs/cgc/Gem
.pd_darwin and failed
/Users/admin/work/libs/cgc/Gem
: can't load library

Where are these options stored? I could try editing the file manually to
get things moving (maybe) Any other way to supply PD with commandline args
with the pd.app (other than .pdrc)?.

I start my old pd-0.37-1 with:

~/work/pd/bin/pd -rt -helppath ~/work/abstractions-tot-help -path
~/work/extra -path ~/work/libs -path ~/work/abstractions-v -path
~/work/abstractions-tot -nosound -lib cgc/Gem:pmpd:OSC:zexy:pool

(Oh and in the console I get error: .printout.text: no such object) which
is caused by Apple-C to copy the console buffer.

Thanks
B.