[PD-dev] re: branch convergence

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Oct 24 17:21:37 CEST 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 9:38 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> carmen hat gesagt: // carmen wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 10:27:15PM +0200, Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>> one question ... what's the reason that you changed to font from
>>> courier-bold to tahoma- in devel_0_37?
>>
>> i didnt...i had changed it in my local copy. and somehow guenter
>> checked it in for me, to get a fix in another file. i guess when you
>> do a cvs update or diff the server stores some  data on your local
>> revisions that the administrator can use via secret commands on
>> sourceforge? im kind of curious myself..
>
> Well, it happened in a checkin by "ix9":
> See http://tinyurl.com/6r6ml and http://tinyurl.com/65ahc
>
> Probably some greedy "cvs update".

"cvs update" does nothing to the files on server, it only modifies
files locally, merging if the file changed on the server and locally;
or updates locally unchanged files from the server.  So this was most
likely a mistaken commit...  shit happens...

____

            "The arc of history bends towards justice."
                                                               Dr.
Martin Luther King, Jr.