Trans.: Re: [PD-dev] re: branch convergence (fwd)

Matju matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 26 06:15:46 CEST 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 ydegoyon at free.fr wrote:

> ok, i can fairly understand,
> but will it be JBoss MVC's model compatible?
> this means you would allow some .css styles definitions?

Well, frankly, I don't know JBoss at all; it may or may not be a typical
MVC; the original MVC is in the standard library of the SmallTalk-1980
language). The basic MV separation would suggest that simply all the
user-interface-specific code be separate from the
non-user-interface-specific code, and that the non-gui part emits
modification-notifications that other objects (usually gui objects) can
subscribe to (Observer/Observable relationship).

Stylesheets are another feature (that is not strictly part of MV or MVC),
although there's something a bit like that in IMPD. Just because the
option will be called "-modelview" doesn't mean it will implement just MV.
If you look in the current IMPD code, there is stuff like:

set look(objectfg) #000000
set look(objectbg) #ffffff
set look(objectframe1) #99cccc
set look(objectframe2) #668888
set look(objectframe3) #000000
set look(objectframe4) #00ffff
set look(canvasbgrun) #ffffff
set look(canvasbgedit) #dddddd
set look(iowidth) 7
set look(iopos) 1

which can easily be overridden from "~/.pd.tk" to make colours the way you
want, and control some shapes too.