[PD-dev] makefile.nt: how to make asiolib.dll / lib

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 28 20:47:12 CEST 2004

You can't... there are a bunch of non-open-source binaries in the
Windows release, that I just copy around.  Also, I don't recompile Tcl
within the Pd source tree; I do that separately and copy the binaries
and .h files into the Pd source tree before compiling Pd.  Here's a
listing of the files I use (which you can copy from any binary MSW
Pd release...)

pdprototype/bin:
asiolib.lib    pthreadVC.lib  tcldde12.dll  tclsh84.exe    tk84.lib
msvcrt.dll     tcl84.dll      tclpip84.dll  tclstub84.lib  tkstub84.lib
pthreadVC.dll  tcl84.lib      tclreg11.dll  tk84.dll       wish84.exe

pdprototype/lib:
asio  tcl8.4  tk8.4

pdprototype/lib/asio:
asio.h  asiodrivers.h  asiolib.lib  asiolist.h  asiosys.h  ginclude.h

pdprototype/lib/tcl8.4:
auto.tcl     init.tcl    license.terms  parray.tcl  tclIndex
history.tcl  ldAout.tcl  package.tcl    safe.tcl    word.tcl

pdprototype/lib/tk8.4:
bgerror.tcl    dialog.tcl     mkpsenc.tcl      safetk.tcl   text.tcl
button.tcl     entry.tcl      msgbox.tcl       scale.tcl    tk.tcl
choosedir.tcl  focus.tcl      obsolete.tcl     scrlbar.tcl  tkfbox.tcl
clrpick.tcl    license.terms  optMenu.tcl      spinbox.tcl  unsupported.tcl
comdlg.tcl     listbox.tcl    palette.tcl      tclIndex     xmfbox.tcl
console.tcl    menu.tcl       panedwindow.tcl  tearoff.tcl

pdprototype/tcl:
Readme.txt  include  license.txt

pdprototype/tcl/include:
X11  tcl.h  tclDecls.h  tk.h  tkDecls.h  tkIntXlibDecls.h

pdprototype/tcl/include/X11:
X.h      Xfuncproto.h  Xutil.h       keysym.h
Xatom.h  Xlib.h        cursorfont.h  keysymdef.h

cheers
Miller