[PD-dev] makefile.nt: how to make asiolib.dll / lib

cdr ix at replic.net
Thu Oct 28 21:54:40 CEST 2004

> i'm currently trying to compile pd for windows using the command line
> compiler ... since the mingw makefile of devel_0_37 is broken (linking
> fails: filename or extension to long) i'm fighting with the ms cl

that's an odd error..are you building from a deep path which is maybe longer than 128 or 256 total chars?

> pd builds fine, but requires a asiolib.dll / .lib ... how can i build
> that?

you don't need asio.lib or in fact any binary asio stuff with GCC thanks to the magic of ross bencina's iasiothiscallresolver.cpp...make sure you have that file.. it will proably be easier to figure out that error above than make the threaded soundfiler etc build in MSVC (since it doesnt like declarations anywhere besides the top of a block)