[PD-dev] pd-flext-ext

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Oct 31 20:56:13 CET 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Chris McCormick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to build (over the last few weeks) the various externals
> pacakges from CVS and from the debian source to make .debs to give back to
> Geunter, but this has been largely unsuccessful. Is it normal that there are
> no packages in unstable like 'pd-flext-ext' and 'pd-osc' any more? I guess
> this is because they weren't working properly? Sorry for the confusion.
> I'm just trying to organise my thoughts here with regards to the
> debian/pd situation so I can help rectify it.

I had to split the packages, because it did not make sense to distribute
all of the externals together. they have different build systems,
different release cycles and different licenses. this made it very time
consuming to make updates. I am currently repackaging them one by one.
Changes are not in CVS, I should delete the old debian dir there, as it
is not functional anymore.

Help would be nice, especially with testing and bug reporting.
(I do not have the time to test the packages completely, so I just
do basic functionality tests)

Building and maintaining packages would be great too. Please contact me
if you are planning to do so.

Guenter