[PD-dev] patch for alsa sequencer midi support

Pablo caedes at sindominio.net
Thu Nov 4 03:44:58 CET 2004

Here is a patch for pd that gives native alsa sequencer support for
routing midi messages.
It is the working version i have, and it chooses between alsa or oss at
compile time, the code seemed prepared for such a thing, but i'm
thinking it might be better to let the user choose at execution as with
audio.

As i can take some time to think about a way to do it differently here
is the initial 'unofficial' patch for people who can benefit from it and
test it.

http://nabla.ath.cx/delirium/pd_alsa_midi.patch.diff

you should apply the patch to a fresh cvs checkout with
  patch -p1 < pd_alsa_midi.patch
(execute that from the main dir of the checkout)

i had some problems with configure script that led to stupid compile
errors.
it seems my final makefile was missing -DUNIX and -DUNISTD in MORECFLAGS
variable.
as this problems have nothing to do with my patch they are not
corrected in the diff, so beware if you try to compile.

It still has some glitches, touch and polytouch messages are not
working, and pitchbend gives strange values. I'll soon correct these.

best regards
	pablo