[PD-dev] native asio support

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Nov 5 12:18:51 CET 2004

> 1) doesn't work with RME HDSP, since it wants sample type 0 and 1
> (don't know why both)
couldn't test it with mine, since my laptop is running on linux ... i'll
fix that ... 0 is 16 bit, 1 is 24 bit, both big endian ...

> 2) There is very fast float to int conversion code on
> http://www.mega-nerd.com/FPcast/
i'll have a look at that ...

> 3) Is it really necessaty to have thread mutexes for the ring buffer?
i took this from the jack implementation ... i'm not really satisfied
with it and test some other possibilities ... see it as quick and ugly
workaround
also, i hope, i can manage to run the dsp scheduler from the asio
callback to reduce latency ... we would probably get rid of the
callback, then ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783