[PD-dev] BUG - soundfiler is broken in devel_0_37 (anonymous CVS 2004-11-01 21:48)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Nov 7 14:55:35 CET 2004

> >>Without --enable-simd compilation succeeds - maybe my CPU doesn't
> >>support SIMD?  My CPU is an AMD Athlon XP (1600+ I think).
> >

> > I don't know exactly about your CPU, but the compilation error is
> > unrelated to that (and shouldn't happen).
> > Which gcc version are you using?
>
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
> is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

this error should be unrelated to the gcc version.
gcc can only assign xmm registers, if it is sure, you are on a specific
machine ... for that you _have_ to use -march= flags covering your
machine. i added an --enable-optimize=athlon-xp feature, that does this
for you ... should be in cvs, soon ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783