[PD-dev] native asio support

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Nov 7 15:25:14 CET 2004

> i'd like to report that after some more fixes i am able to achieve a
> measured click-free analog latency of 10 ms with the RME Multiface.
> In former times i haven't been able to go below 25 ms.
i'm curious, which buffer size you where using ...

also, the current implementation is based on a ringbuffer solution ...
i hope i can reduce the latency for odd asio buffer sizes (like
multiples of 441 on my quattro) ... i haven't been able to improve the
algorithms, yet.

and i hope there is a way to get rid of the ringbuffer to run the
scheduler from the asio callback (something similar could possibly be
done for jack) ... atm, i have no idea, how to do something like that,
since probably i'll have to rewrite the scheduler itself ... but it
should be possible to do that ... with that it should be possible to
acheive latencies of 2*64 samples ...

also, i doubt that the current implementations is working on osx due
the reversed endianes ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783