[PD-dev] how to maintain "main" 0.38 and 0.39 branches together?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 7 20:05:00 CET 2004

Hi all,

I'm almost ready to stop banging on 0.38, because the changes that seem most
urgent now are of a sort that will break a lot of stuff (updating various
audio and MIDI interfaces, for instance!)

I think therefore that I should make a 0.38-main branch, so that I can continue
to apply "safe" bug fixes to it while I apply the unsafe ones to "main" for
incorporation into 0.39.

This way, eventually, we/d have 0.38-main, 0.39-main, etc, branches, along
with the current "main" branch which would be perpetually on the path to the
next release...

Does this sould like a good structure?

cheers
Miller