[PD-dev] nameclashes

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 8 18:02:02 CET 2004

guenter geiger wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
  >
> Thats not true, because pd calls explicitely the setup function of the
> object it has just loaded. (See attached test)

that's great.

> The only quirks with the method is the help file loading (as fbar
> demonstrated at the pd-conv). I think this could be fixed.

i am always confused by people telling me that the help-system will not
properly work.
thomas keeps insisting that it does not work the way he expects it too.
(i understand his points)
unfortunately i cannot remember exactly what frank's problems were.

what i have just tested (0.37.2 and 0.38test4) was to create
help-patches for both obj1's (help-obj1.pd) and put them beside the
obj1.pd_linux's

works great and as expected.
(of course there are problems with the helppath and standard
search-paths: but things should not be in there anyhow, as there will be
a file-collision)

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes