[PD-dev] nameclashes

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 8 22:13:54 CET 2004

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> So are we in agreement that the directory-based namespace is the way to
> go, as long as the *-help.pd patch problems are fixed?
right.
and imitate that namespace for libraries.

but what about objects that include "/"
(it is not the most uncommon character i can think of)
(but of course the only one that stays compatible with directories)

>  I would love to
> put this matter to rest.

me too.
but still i can't remember what the "*-help.pd patch problems" are.
i like it, that there are both help-*.pd and *-help.pd
for instance with Gem i bundle all the help-patches in another directory
(there are really a lot of them) and i like it that they are just
"help-Gem/gemwin.pd" instead of "Gem/gemwin-help.pd" (this made it very
easy to port from the pre-0.37 aera: just renaming a single directory
instead of all objects.)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes