[PD-dev] Re: namecrash

ix ix at replic.net
Mon Nov 8 23:25:04 CET 2004

>>> what i have just tested (0.37.2 and 0.38test4)
>> build_0_39_yyyymmdd    tagged with each
> as for the build_X_YY_yyyymmdd-tags i am not sure either

have you got a 27B-Stroke-6 sir? we can't tag without it...

i apologiZe for not knowing much C, but is there a way to easily load a symbol (like bluh_setup) under another name?
right now my patches are impossible to share without giving a rapidly growing list of things like:

* use my shell external, which happens to have the same name as the one in CVS
* use the 'tgrill'-prepend because the CVS-default doesnt have a right inlet
* finr/replace in normal prepend to 'makelist' and recompile because tgrill version cant 'prepend list' to a list
* use devel_037 beacuse objectnaming broke the GUI stuff in 038
* make sure you have a dir /s with various sed scripts in it snce you cant enter backslashes in pd..
* make sure you switch to 10pt tahoma or stuff will overlap weird
* make sure you have GNU utils installed an in your PATH on windows

(sorry for this, i may need to refer to archive if i format hd or something)

most pressional apps seem to support a 'total recall', keeping all these particularities stored in the project/patch file...

or you could take a cue from microsoft and cxc prepend would be assigned a CLSID of {3050f3B3-98b5-11cf-bb82-00aa00bdce0b}, and pd could just check the master big-brother server to make sure you have the proper version :D