[PD-dev] Re: namecrash

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 9 00:58:12 CET 2004

Hallo,
ix hat gesagt: // ix wrote:

> i apologiZe for not knowing much C, but is there a way to easily load a symbol (like bluh_setup) under another name?
> right now my patches are impossible to share without giving a rapidly growing list of things like:
>
> * use my shell external, which happens to have the same name as the one in CVS

This should be easy to fix, by for example renaming your shell? Then
$ perl -pi -e "s/shell/myshell/g" *.pd

> * use the 'tgrill'-prepend because the CVS-default doesnt have a right inlet

Oh, the tgrill-prepend is called "prepend2" now (or similar).
Iemlib-prepend also has a right inlet, Cyclone prepend has a "set X"
messge to the first inlet.

> * finr/replace in normal prepend to 'makelist' and recompile because tgrill version cant 'prepend list' to a list
> * use devel_037 beacuse objectnaming broke the GUI stuff in 038
> * make sure you have a dir /s with various sed scripts in it snce you cant enter backslashes in pd..
> * make sure you switch to 10pt tahoma or stuff will overlap weird
> * make sure you have GNU utils installed an in your PATH on windows

You need to create a bootable Linux live CD. ;)

Ciao