[PD-dev] scheduler problem with SENDDACS_NO

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Nov 9 23:01:13 CET 2004

hi miller, hi others ...

thomas grill and i experienced both some strange problems when working
on the native asio support.

during the time waiting for the callback from the driver we did similar
implementations that we won't wait for a pthread conditional, but return
SENDDACS_NO to the dsp scheduler.

this had some unexpected behaviour, we both can't explain ... i could
reproduce segfaults during realloc / free (when dragging around arrays)
and some dsp functions (e.g. env_tilde_perform in testtone.pd).
in env_tilde_perform all members of the t_sigenv had been set to
0xb8000100 ... what means, either the pointer to the t_sigenv structure
has been corrupted (what i doubt, since the 3 t_int pointer contains
the write blocksize 0x40) or something happened to the data structure
itself ...

also: when dragging around a table, memory will be freed in binbuf_text
(after socketreceiver_doread) that points to an area in memory that
value (0xb8000100) occurs, too ...

is there anything running in the dsp scheduler that could cause weird
behaviour like that?

any idea is highly appreciated ...

cheers ... tim

--