[PD-dev] scheduler problem with SENDDACS_NO

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 9 21:12:11 CET 2004

There's nothing I know of to worry about there.  The dangerous thing
would have been to wait on another thread in the scheduler, since
the scheduler doesn't get rid of Pd's global lock when it calls
sys_send_dacs().

The behavior you're getting reminds me of what happened when I had some
kind of fight between two threads in readsf~/writesf~, when I didn't
have the locks set properly.  These can be hell to debug (which is why
I've always avoided using threads for anything else but that!)

cheers
Miller