[PD-dev] re: branch convergence

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 15 22:58:13 CET 2004

Hallo,
Matju hat gesagt: // Matju wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, guenter geiger wrote:
> > I can also call the menu entry "Trackers", or just write "feature
> > requests" instead of FR, but it makes the menu entry quit lengthy. The
> > reason for concentrating on the bug reporting aspect was that I
> > thought that is what most of the users would do.
>
> Maybe something like "Change Request" sounds like it'd encompass both "Bug
> Report" and "Feature Request" while sounding neutral/generic enough. What
> do you think?

Well, in some regards we are bound by what Sourceforge offers, so
"Feature Request" and "Bug Report" are rather fixed, at least on the
Project Page. Personally I think "Request" more problematic than
"Feature", because it's not like I'm *requesting* that some feature
must be added, it's just a cool idea I had, and I'd like to discuss
it, when submitting it to the FR page.

> My proposal could be to honestly try the system for a while and see how
> much trouble I get in practice... (not all troubles can be realistically
> avoided upfront and I feel I'm attempting to forecast a bit too much
> already)

There already are a number of feature wishes, bug reports and even
patches in the Trackers. I think, it had a good start already, and I
do hope, this will get more use in the future.

Ciao