[PD-dev] path external(s)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 16 12:12:23 CET 2004

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> I have hacked up obj1.c in order to provide the functionality, file is
> attached, use the makefile from doc/6.externs to compile it.
>
> It does not give the path of the parent patch but of the main patch,
> but this can easily be changed in the new routine.

I finally tested this, made a help patch, edited the makefile and all
is well. It's working great, I only wonder, if the name "pwd" is good.
Is the topmost patch indeed the working directory? Also an external
for getting at the children's working directories could be useful.
Maybe [pwd] or [pwdir] should just print the directory containing a
patch, [parentdir] could print the directory of the direct parent, and
[topdir] would print the main patch's dir?

Anyway, attached is the original package.

Ciao