[PD-dev] 246th most active

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Tue Nov 16 19:37:39 CET 2004

Matju schrieb:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>>http://sourceforge.net/top/mostactive.php?type=week&offset=200
>>We made 246th on the list of most active projects on SourceForge.  We
>>are cranking!
>

> We are now 326th on the list with a score of 98.00000, ex-aequo with
> dozens if not hundreds of other projects.
>
> Before rejoicing, the question that should be asked is whether the ranking
> system is bogus or not. It does seems very bogus to me.

Well, my project PhpWiki is usually 30th, and is from time to time under
the top ten. Even without CVS stats and with only one single developer
(that's me), and with no img src pagehit counters, but a lot of users
asking stupid support questions.

I believe the ranking system ranks the forum and tracker stats very
high, because when I was under the top ten, I just answered a lot of
forum questions in a bulk, and closed some bug reports.

I have steady 200 downloads per day also. The other top ten have at
least 100 times higher download and pagehit figures.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/