[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-1067575 ] dynamic importing of externals and name spaces

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Nov 17 13:57:36 CET 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
> ahm.
>
> so these are the weaknesses of feature-request-trackers: people start
> requesting things that are already there....

I think thats not a weakness. Look at it from to positive point of view,
it means that users like the new console.

> > Initial Comment:
> > i would like to import internals dynamically inside a
> > Pd patch.
>
> not sure what "internals" mean here.

I think it means externals. Although I do not agree that namespaces
are needed, if you want to do them right they need to have per patch
scoping. The implementation of this might be a bit difficult though.

If you don't offer the possibility of having a concept like
"using namespace xyz", then they are about the same as using
per developers prefixes ala pdp_ z_ ix_ ...

Guenter