[PD-dev] path external(s)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 17 20:21:29 CET 2004

Hallo,
B. Bogart hat gesagt: // B. Bogart wrote:

> I think your naming scheme makes a lot of sense Frank,
>
> Is this stuff then soon going into CVS?

Well, it should, but I don't know the Pd internals enough to be able
to maintain or extend this. May Guenther is and wants to?

Anyway, I see a final possible memorizing problem with [pwdir] and
[parentdir], so I would suggest to use the following names:

[workdir] - directory where a patch is saved.
[parentdir] - directory of the direct parent of an abstraction.
[topdir] - directory of the toplevel patch (Guenther's "pwdir".)

Maybe these could also go into Pd main?

Another thing to check would be, if Max has similar objects, so we
could get the names from Max. Maxers, please speak up now. ;)

Ciao