[PD-dev] re: branch convergence

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Nov 18 00:18:02 CET 2004

> I also think that its very important that we avoid splitting the Pd
> devs, but I don't think that distributing binaries of devel would
> necessarily be a bad thing, or lead to a fork.  The real key here is
> communication.  And I think we agree that the goal of our work is to
> have one unified Pd.  I think that we should be distributing binaries
i can only second it ... communication sometimes does real magic ...

> of major branches like devel and impd so that the ideas and code in
> those branches can get thoroughly tested by a broad range of people.
> Then it should become apparent what works and what does.
distributing binaries of devel will definitely improve bug reports for
the devel branch ... there were some bugs in the devel branch that i
introduced and for a long time, i wasn't aware of them, since no one
actually used the specific functions.
e.g. there was a problem with overcommiting memory that was in devel for
about 4 monthes ...
and i don't know, how many bugs are in my asio implementation, since i
only got feedback from thomas and carmen ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk