[PD-dev] path external(s)

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Nov 18 10:47:53 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> > How about:
> >
> > [currentdir]
> > [parentdir]
> > [topdir]
> >
> > As much as I am a fan of UNIX, I don't think we need to build on odd
> > UNIXisms here.
>
> It's too long, IMO, even longer than "parentdir". Maybe [thisdir]?

I would rather go for one external with different messages,  sort of like
ix suggested. Like [current<, [top<, [parent<,
[bang< would default to [top<.
We could even let it accept additional float messages like 0 to get
current, 1 to get parent, 2 to get "parent of parent" ...
(Although I am not sure if this is of any use).

The name of the external could be something like "getdir", "directory",
or hm,hm "folder" ?

Guenter