[PD-dev] [Fwd: pd .38 test 10 on OSX (.app)]

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Nov 24 20:56:08 CET 2004

whoops, wrong list...
Subject: pd .38 test 10 on OSX (.app)
From:    "B. Bogart" <ben at ekran.org>
Date:    Wed, November 24, 2004 1:48 pm
To:      gem-dev at iem.at

Hey Miller and all,

I decided to try test 10 on OSX and see if the "path" stuff has been
fixed. Unfortunatly it seems much less functional than before.

Here are a few notes:

* When pasting (Apple-V) into "pd search path entry boxes":
  error: .gfxstub41d8c0.f?: no such object
  Where "?" is 0-9 corrseponding to the entry field

* When Copying in console widget: (Apple-C)
  error: .printout.text: no such object

The fun stuff:

When I add a few things to the path requester and press save and then ok I
get a plist that has anything but correct values for the paths. When
opening the path requestor again (without closing pd) indeed the paths we
added are gone, and in their place only the first feild contains "0" and
nothing more (nothing in the other fields either).

The plist itself contains only this path:

	<key>path1</key>
	<string>2ª«§</string>

Looks like something is really quite wrong with the plist creation. (more
wrong than in test7)

so after a hunch I decided to try creating my own plist for test 10
without using the "path" requester at all. The result? Perfectly loading
libs.

So it looks like the problems with test 10 are specific to how the
variables in the path (and startup) requesters.

I also tired loading my working plist from test 10 into test 7 and indeed
it does not load the libs, so thanks for fixing the plist parsing in test
10!

Ok so now I'm going to make my own working plist for test 10 and things
will be looking up!

also even test 10 still complains: "error pasing RC arguments" even when
it is loading paths and libs properly.

Hope this helps with test11,

B.