[PD-dev] XML again

martin pichlmair pi at attacksyour.net
Mon Dec 6 09:20:39 CET 2004

hi georg, frank,

>> Now I'm unsure if I should implement the parser myself or if I should
>> use a
>> XML parser (e.g. Xerces from apache) ?
>
> I think, the parsing of the container xml files migth be easy enough,
> to not depend on external libraries. However there are some engines
> you could include directly into the externals.

why invent the wheel again and again if there are platform independent
open source libraries out there? writing parsers - for even small
languages - is far from easy and nearly always turns out to get very
hairy once things should get extensible. if you want to do it from
scratch you should imho at least use standard tools like yacc/lex and
the like.

lg
martin