[PD-dev] GEM: pix_video

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Thu Dec 9 14:43:19 CET 2004

Hallo IOhannes && others!

I just bought a webcam and it doesn't work corretly in GEM (as we talked
   about yesterday).

You were rigth: blue and red was exchanged, so I changed this in
GemPixUtil.cpp (line 630 - is attached).
You handle this two cases in the same way:
    case GL_RGBA:
    case GL_BGRA_EXT:
maybe this is the problem of the mixed blue-red channel?
(in the attached file I simple exchanged the blue and red channel - so I
think now it's wrong for GL_BGRA_EXT !)

But the quality of the picture is still not that good as in pdp. There's
a lot of noise in it - it looks like it was compressed with a
low-quality JPEG algorithm.
Do you know where I can improve the quality of the picture ?

LG
Georg