[PD-dev] PD patches in XML

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Fri Dec 10 11:05:34 CET 2004

Hi,
something like GUIDs would be great, but i think they should be somehow
readable (not Microsoft-like).
What about a running index per patcher, that is incremented every time an
object is created?
Or a date/time/microtime combination?
For me the integration into the PD file format is not important since
there's no real place for other metadata either.
A discussion about a general XML format is really appreciated.

best greetings,
Thomas