[PD] Re: [PD-dev] pdp2gem.pd_darwin question

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Dec 10 16:28:52 CET 2004

On Dec 10, 2004, at 4:05 AM, Martin Pichlmair wrote:

> hi jamie,
>
> cool that you finally hacked this. now we can compile stuff as it
> ought to be - with two level namespaces and bundle loading. very cool.
>
>> ...pdp2gem will load if I remove NSLINKMODULE_OPTION_PRIVATE, which
>> brings up my question:  will removing this cause other problems?
>
> don't think so.

EEK!  I think I spoke too soon:  I just tried running a rradical patch
and crashed due to multiple definitions:

dyld: /Users/tigital/puredataDev/pd-0.38-0test10/bin/pd multiple
definitions of symbol _grow_nodata
/Users/tigital/Desktop/pdPatches/pixelTANGO-pre-release-v0.1/externals/
prepend.pd_darwin definition of _grow_nodata
/Users/tigital/puredataDev/externals/mixed/bin/tosymbol.pd_darwin
definition of _grow_nodata
Program received signal:  "SIGTRAP".

...so, I guess this means we either need to recompile all externals
with -two_level_namespace, or go back to the drawing board?

jamie