[PD-dev] pdp2gem.pd_darwin question

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Dec 10 23:06:17 CET 2004

On Dec 10, 2004, at 1:42 PM, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> hi,
>
> the NSLINKMODULE_OPTION_PRIVATE option was added back then to prevent
> Pd from crashing when loading a library with a global symbol defined,
> which clashes with a definition from another, already loaded library.

...aha:  I now see that this was added back about 2 years
ago...however, I think this is/was a solution to a problem that no
longer exists on OSX...that is, if we build externals without the
"-flat_namespace", then they will automatically be built as
"-twolevel_namespace", and this will prevent the library definition
clashes...

...I'm testing this now:  it seems to work with the mixed externals,
and pdp is already twolevel...so hopefully I'll know more soon...