[PD-dev] pdp2gem.pd_darwin question

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Sat Dec 11 17:08:34 CET 2004

On Dec 11, 2004, at 4:48 AM, martin pichlmair wrote:

>>> the NSLINKMODULE_OPTION_PRIVATE option was added back then to prevent
>>> Pd from crashing when loading a library with a global symbol defined,
>>> which clashes with a definition from another, already loaded library.
>>
>> ...aha:  I now see that this was added back about 2 years
>> ago...however, I think this is/was a solution to a problem that no
>> longer exists on OSX...that is, if we build externals without the
>> "-flat_namespace", then they will automatically be built as
>> "-twolevel_namespace", and this will prevent the library definition
>> clashes...
>
> btw: there is an option called NSLINKMODULE_OPTION_RETURN_ON_ERROR
> that returns if a linking error occurs. maybe it would be wise to use
> this as a replacement.

yep,

...started trying that late last night:  haven't tested it much, but it
does keep the program running, and allows us to find out what the
problem is :-)  But atm my externals are all built without the
-flat_namespace flag, and with -undefined dynamic_lookup...the problem
with this is that it only works for 10.3 and higher...

...or is that a problem?  Is anyone not using pd + OSX 10.3+?

jamie