[PD-dev] extra reorg idea

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Dec 18 07:39:46 CET 2004

On Dec 17, 2004, at 11:35 AM, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> - "cyclone" objects that are only for Max compatibility ([Borax~],
>> [coll], [mousefilter], etc.)  T
>
> that is fine, although max compatibility requires, currently,
> starting Pd with -lib maxmode option -- which loads all cyclone
> classes (packaged into libraries), and adjusts their behaviour.

Then it makes sense to keep cyclone as a library, then take the
generally useful objects like [prepend] out of the cyclone library, and
add them somewhere else as individual objects.  This would make name
conflicts much easier to deal with.  Miller talked at pd~conf about
adding some of the cyclone objects to the Pd core.

____

deliberately throwing it
away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore