[PD-dev] Re: data structures <> tk mapping

zf ix at replic.net
Sat Dec 18 10:32:50 CET 2004

> There was some discussion of trying to implement iemguis and
> unauthorized guis using data structures.  Frank has already implemented
> sliders and a [grid]-style object.  It seems to me that this would be
> the ultimate way to handle this in a native Pd way.

i agree this would be a good thing, that is the ability to map the pure data structures to things like blt::vector's or named tcl arrays, for those not content with using mere shapes on a canvas! and then define the gui which 'houses' the mapped data in simple tk, something similar to the miXed/ '.wid' format but eliminating the need to think/code add|remove|update|sync each and every...

oh and to keep this thread on topic, do you find:

to be more human readable than:

this list {inside {a list}}

?