[PD-dev] is namecanvas obsolete or not?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Dec 30 16:08:01 CET 2004

Hallo,
Krzysztof Czaja hat gesagt: // Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> perhaps, sending messages to [pd $0-localtest] subpatch inside
> of the [test] abstraction would be a bit cleaner?

I guess, I'd second this. If I use abstractions in a patch, then I see
these as being something rather static. They reside in the filesystem
and a change of one abstraction should mean a change in all other
instances, too. Subpatches however, especially those names with $0,
are all through Pd used as areas to paint to, e.g. in graph
structures. So they are meant to change their structure.  And there
are no abstractions named "$0-abs.pd".

But I admit, that's just my way of thinking in Pd.

Ciao