[PD-dev] Re: is namecanvas obsolete or not?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Dec 30 21:43:56 CET 2004

> Right, I'm rofgetting, the "pd $0-x" ends up naming the canvas
> "pd-$0-x" which is hard to generate as a symbol.  My problem with
> "namecanvas" is that one can free or rename the patch (or just free
> the namecanvas object itself in the patch) and crash Pd.  I still
> haven't found a clean alternative... so for now, I'll have to keep the
> mis-designed "namecanvas" object around for the forseeable future.
well ... what about a "thiscanvas" object (or a fancier name) that sends
messages to the canvas it's created on ... this way, it's easy to access
the canvas without renaming it ...
that's much cleaner and could replace namecanvas ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk