[PD-dev] returning abstraction directory

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Jan 6 17:17:50 CET 2005

Hey Miller and all,

I've been using Guenter's hack "pwd" to get the topdir of the patch. I'm now
seeing if I can hack pwd to give me the directory of the abstraction containing
the object.

I see along side canvas_getdir() in m_pd.h canvas_getcurrentdir() but when I try
and use it I get a memory access error:

Consistency check failed: canvas_getenv

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
canvas_getenv (x=0x0) at g_canvas.c:169
169         while (!x->gl_env)
(gdb) where
#0  canvas_getenv (x=0x0) at g_canvas.c:169

I don't know whats going on here, but does the canvasenvironment contain the
directory of the abstraction? if so how can I access it?

This is a great example where documentation of all of the m_pd.h functions and
how to use (examples) would be amazing. I feel like I'm constantly pestering the
list with things I should be able to look up somewhere.

Perhaps something like the flext documentation which I think was generated by
the source comments using doxygen?

Many thanks to all those answers to all my questions.

B.